Friday, July 4, 2008

Not yet part 2!

Delayed once again. The move date is now July 17th. The good news is that we've actually received word that our visas will be ready to go this time. Sooooo, the good news is that we get to celebrate Independence day before we leave. Unfortunately, we won't get to see Bastille Day on the 14th. I was looking forward to seeing how they celebrate their independence.

As for hotel life, well, we've had enough. We checked out the other day, which means that we will just live like gypsies for the next 2 weeks. Right now, we have plans to stay at no less than 4 different homes of friends and family. We just drive around with everything we own in the back of my truck (well, everything we own not already on a slow boat to France, that is).

The good news is that we've sold almost everything that needs to be sold. The house, our car, the lawnmower, and other misc. items are all taken care of. We'll turn the truck in the day before we leave, but I still need to sell the topper on the back of it. The difficult part about that is that, as I mentioned before, it is serving as a storage unit right now. The delay also means that we'll be able to move right into our new house, we just have to get there.

Hopefully, I have something interesting to write about soon. Once we move, I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories. Then, in August we have a short trip planned to Paris, including seeing the Lion King. "Seeing" being the operative word, because hearing and understanding it will be a challenge. I'll have to watch the video again before I go to help with the translation. Anyway, that's all for now. I promise to update soon.

ps. thanks for leaving comments. I was happy to find out someone, anyone is reading what I'm writing.

3 comments:

Jason Cooper said...

I am planning on being in Chicago in October...i sure hope i won't be able to stop by and see you!

Jason

oeschli said...

hmmm... seems like you'r e having quite some trouble leaving you country (or entering france...). well, i would have been in geneva on july 13th, maybe we could have worked out something - but i guess we have to drop that idea. still i think it won't be a big deal to find a date to meet, i'm looking forwward to it!
hope your waiting time will actually find an end on the proposed date!

cu on the other side of the big pond!
thomas

Anonymous said...

Well sorry you got delayed again but we all look forward to hearing more from you once you get there. It'll be a shame not having you in class next year (I am taking Chem 2 next year) but oh well, one year left right. Well good luck with the moving stuff and keep me posted.

Ryan