Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My sincere apologies.

I've no excuse. Ok, I've got one, but not a good one. Things have been a little hectic here and not in a good way. I got a little down when we knew we were coming back to Illinois, so I quit writing. Honestly, I started a few, but my heart wasn't in it and I kept finding myself complaining. Since that's not my style, I decided to quit writing until I could get out of the funk. The good news is, I have plenty of stories to tell, so I'll be updating the blog shortly. They just may not be the most timely of stories.

In the meantime, here's a funny tidbit that has nothing to do w/ France. I've been searching online for U.S. cars lately (since we can't bring our VWs w/ us), and I've been forced to send some emails to car salesman. Not a big deal except the last thing they need is encouragement. So, the one particular salesman sends me 3 emails in as many days, after I didn't respond to any he sent another that started like this.

Dear Matt
We must be just missing each other. I was curious if you have to choose where you are in the process would you way that you are in:


Now I've heard of the digital divide when it comes to the older generation using technology (or trying to), but never seen such a prime example. You'll be happy to know I sent him back an email explaining the difference between telephones and the internet. I'm sure he appreciated it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new picture. Having traveled through parts of France with you, I can appreciate the firm grip Dana has on Audrey and Lane!!
RT